Friday, February 13, 2004

the friday five
1. Are you superstitious?
No more so than most people. I don't believe in superstition, but sometimes better safe than sorry!

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?
Having to walk back to a particular lamp post in a previous street to walk around it because of some stupidness or other. Also someone I know of, if they see an odd number at the end of the time (the unit of seconds) in a football (soccer) game on telly, they have to keep looking at the number until the tens of seconds is even.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?
Don't walk under ladders, or touching wood for luck.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?
Yes I believe in luck - but you make your own, see >Richard Wiseman - The Luck Factor
I have various 'lucky numbers' in that they will be ones I'd select in a lottery, game of chance, but I realise that they have no special power, other than being ones I normally do, and therefore in time they will win something.

I often have small ritualistic type things about Fulham, I'll look at a certain shop on my way to a football game, nearly always buy extra strong mints to chew during the match and I'll wear my darkest pants & socks on home game days. I don't blame myself for not doing them if we lose, I just can't help myself!

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
No. It's a girls thing. ;)

No comments: